Patient Information & Resources

Patient Information And Resources

In an Emergency

If you need urgent medical advice during surgery hours, please phone the surgery on 0151 295 9510. Please be prepared to give some information to the receptionist.


When to use NHS 111

If you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do NHS 111 can help.

Get help online now or call 111 (the online service is for people aged 5 and over)

How NHS 111 works

You answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone. The phone service and website are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Depending on the situation you’ll:

  • find out what local service can help you;
  • be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP;
  • get a face-to-face appointment if you need one;
  • be told how to get any medicine you need; or
  • get self-care advice.

If you need a translator you can ask for one.

If you’re deaf and want to use the phone service, a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter can call NHS 111 on your behalf. 

You can also use the NHS 111 service through a textphone by calling 18001 111.

Your information

If you use the online service, the privacy policy describes how we use your information.

Calls to the NHS 111 telephone service are recorded. All contacts to NHS 111 (by telephone or via the on-line tool) create a record of the contact which the NHS looks after securely, and which will only be shared with others directly involved with your care.

Some of the information collected it will also be shared with NHS Digital to improve NHS 111 and 999 services. Find out more about how this information may be used.

Walk-in Centre

The nearest NHS walk-in centre is located at Old Swan and Smithdown for Children. NHS walk-in centres provide advice and treatment for a range of minor illnesses and injuries.

Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest accident and emergency department or call 999.